Sunday, May 13, 2007

Holy hell, has it really been since March that I've posted on the blog?!?! Ugh, I am such a slacker. Okay, not entirely true. I'm not a slacker at all, just a blog-slacker. As always, my deepest and most humble apologies to those of you out there (all three of you...har-har-har) that keep coming back here hoping for new posts.

Let me try to bring you up to speed on the goings-on in the Wikman household and business.


  • The main reason why I've been such a one-off with the blog lately (lately?! It's been months, man. That kind of surpasses 'lately'!) is because of classes. I was taking a somewhat lighter load this semester, which now I'm very thankful for. The first half of the semester went really well, really smooth, really...light. I should have known! The second half of the semester was all projects. For the last month I've been sleeping between 3 and 5 hours a night, and have been stressed to the point of...well I don't know how to finish that analogy. Let's just say I've been pretty frazzled. Kelly and Molly and Grandma have been absolute saints for putting up with me and my stresses. But as with most things in life, it all worked out for the best in the end. I have a new nickname...'dean'. Why?! Because that's the list I'm on... Yeahhhhh, straight A's once again! Woo-hooo!!

  • Molly continues to grow like a weed. She's about 2 1/2 now and is staggeringly smart. She makes connections and intuits things that I don't even get. Truly amazing little child. A quick snap of 'my girls' at Easter a few weeks ago...

  • Hockey season has also been keeping us very busy. The Ice finished the year on an incredible run, powering through the last couple games of the regular season and the first couple rounds of the Clark Cup playoffs. Kelly had the chance the travel with the team to Cedar Rapids, Iowa for one of the games in the second round of the playoffs. She had a focus motor in her main lens go bad, and was pretty worried that none of her shots had come out. Uhhhh, sure Kel, whatever you say...


    She did those focusing a 200mm lens manually. For those of you that don't know a ton about photography, that is simply amazing! And almost all of her shots came out. My wife rocks.

    Unfortunately, the Ice lost in the first game of the final-four of the USHL championships yesterday afternoon. The guys did an outstanding job this year, and Kelly and I couldn't be more proud of them.

  • Now that things are starting to wind down with no classes and no hockey, they're starting to wind up with weddings. We kicked off our 'season' last night with Amy and Craig, who had their wedding in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, about an hour and a half from Indy. I'm still sitting in the hotel at the moment, propped up on the couch and waiting for Kelly to wake up (I'm still stuck in that rut of needing very little sleep, so I'm usually up by 5 or 6 no matter what, with only the big bags under my eyes to tell the tale!), so I haven't gotten a chance to see the photos on a big monitor yet. But I can't wait!!! Scanning through some of them on the cameras' LCDs last night has me itching to see what we got!!

Really that's about it, I think. I know it doesn't seem like much, and I know there's stuff I'm forgetting (because I haven't had my requisite large-coffee-six-sugars yet this morning), so hopefully I'll get off my duff and keep the blog a LOT more updated as summer progresses.

And if I don't. Email me at john at whitesharkphoto dot com (I spelled it out so junk mailers won't harvest the address) to remind me!! :-)

No comments: