Sunday, November 14, 2010

transformations and good chi...an introduction

A year ago if you had told me what I just did, I would have laughed in your face and called you nuts. As I write this, I'm sitting here on a 40F Sunday morning, looking out at cloudy November skies, and cooling down from a 4.3 mile run.  A run.  Running.  I always saw people out jogging and while maybe I didn't laugh at them, I kind of almost pitied them in a way.  They always looked so miserable, especially on days like today, headbands wrapped around their ears, the rest of their face windburnt and red, layers upon layers of clothes to keep out the winter.  I'd buzz past them in my nice warm car, probably sucking down a large Coke or a vanilla latte or something, and wonder what on earth could possess someone to just go running down the street.  


Somewhere in the back of my mind it may have occurred to me that there was a disconnect in my thought process somewhere, since I considered myself an athlete, playing soccer at least two nights a week in leagues full of people ten years younger than me.  But in all that, I never saw the point of running just for the sake of running.


I'm going to try to get back to blogging...I know it's been a long-assed time since I wrote anything more than a facebook post or twitter update, but there's definitely something to be said for sitting down and putting out a few paragraphs.  I'll try not to bore you, I'll try to find something profound to say at least once in awhile.  You see, I'm undergoing a transformation.  Running is the catalyst, but it goes so much deeper than that.  I'm seeing life in a whole new light these days.

No comments: