Thursday, September 14, 2006

Am I a Workaholic??

So today I'm sitting at the computer pretty much all day, feeling all my muscles tighting up because Tuesday night I played three matches of soccer (after a two week layoff from that salmonella), and I realized I think I have a problem. I don't know how to relax anymore. A typical day has me up around 6:30 or so, grabbing a quick bowl of cereal, and then usually right into either photo editing or studying by 7:00 or 7:15 at the latest. In the past two days, I've processed about 4000 (yes, four thousand) photos (the processing process consists of opening the photo, adjusting the white balance, exposure, contrast and color levels, then sending it to a process batch). Once those photos were done processing, I went through and did the editing run on all of them. All 4000 photos into another software system; correcting flaws, converting to black and white, etc., on all 4000 photos one-by-one. I also coded a JAVA project, a PHP project, and completed a systems design project.

Now that's all great, and I for one think I deserve a bit of a break. (Oh, I forgot to mention that I vacuumed the whole house, mopped the kitchen and foyer, scrubbed the rugs downstairs, and did four loads of laundry.) The problem is that I really don't know how to relax. I'll sit down on the couch and say to myself, okay, you're not getting up until you've sat here and watched this entire soccer match and relaxed for at least an hour or two. Ten minutes later I'm up to get one of my textbooks or heading back into the den to work on more photos. ARGH!!!!! Some people are too lazy; I'm too un-lazy! What in the world do I need to do???

No comments: