Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Is it over yet? / A riddle for you today... The day you used to look forward to all year is now the day that you wish would never come.

Any takers?

Yeah, today's my birthday. Big 3-4 today. Kelly was teasing me and saying that she had to buy the super-sized box of candles for my cake this year. Har-de-har-har. I'm finally understanding how people can look at their birthdays as just another day. I woke up this morning and did all the things I usually do--got Molly's breakfast, started some laundry, got the trashcans in, started editing some photos. I don't feel any older. Well okay actually today I do feel a bit older--I played two games of soccer last night in 98* heat. I was sick most of the night and some of this morning from overheating. But I did score a really nifty back-heel goal in my first match with my new team, so I'm not complaining too loudly.

Anyway, that's really been the extent of my birthday. No real presents--we had our large-format printer die on us earlier this week, so we had to drop almost a grand on a new Canon Pixma Pro9500 (which is a gorgeous little piece of printer). I may get a good steak tonight or something, but other than that it's business-as-usual around here. :-)

No comments: