Monday, September 17, 2007

Amy & Bryan / This wedding was a big change-of-pace for me personally as a shooter. It was a subcontracted wedding, so not Amy and Bryan weren't a couple that I met with personally and booked. As I got to know them throughout the course of the day, though, I realized that they were the same type of people that we typically book, so I knew that I was going to get some fantastic photos of them. I had the opportunity to shoot with Scott Cleveland, a photographer who I've known for a few years through an online professional discussion forum. It was a bit odd at first shooting with someone other than Kelly, but Scott and I worked great together and were doing the dance of staying out of each other's shots and making sure we had everything covered like we were old hands at shooting together.

As always, I had a blast and got some truly awesome photos. The reception was at the Fountain Square Theatre. Kelly had shot there a few weeks ago and warned me about how dark it was in there. I made sure to bring my big strobes, which gave me plenty of light. Once the technical details were sorted out, I could really start to appreciate how unique this venue is. And then, of course, I started playing around without the big strobes. :-)

Some photos...

Grandma's excited...


Lacing up...



Seeing each other for the first time before the wedding...




My 'arthouse' shot of the night...


Fountain Square Theatre...



My buddy...



Scott's pose, my angle. Yeah, I'd say we work well together...

No comments: