Sunday, September 02, 2007

The beast is done!!!


New computer, originally uploaded by whitesharkphoto.

Asus P5K-Deluxe motherboard.
Intel Core 2 Duo 6750 CPU, 64 bit.
700w power supply.
Diamond Stealth 512MB video card.
300GB SATA system drive.
Dual 1TB SATA RAID arrays.
Antec full-tower case with three-layer noise and thermal shielding.
Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition.

And I built it myself (with some help from my buddy, Jason).

So that's where I've been for the past week. It's been up and running, since the 2nd day of the build, but getting 500,000 photos (about 3/4 of a terabyte) migrated, along with installing all our application software on the new machine, has taken quite awhile.

Now I can finally get back to work (well, mostly. The data still has another two days to migrate!).

No comments: