Monday, April 27, 2009

Way too fast

IMG_0011 by you.
(Lookit my little south-paw writing!)

<<sigh>> I know it's cliche. I know it's maudlin. But I know it's my little girl, and she's growing up way too fast. I remember like it was yesterday the night she was born. The doctors telling us the labor was too long and she was having difficulty breathing. Me spending five exhausted minutes at midnight next to this tiny, gasping being before they put her into the pediatric ICU ambulance to transport her to a Level-4 NICU forty minutes away. Finally taking her home a week later, happy and healthy, if still a little tired.

Now here we are, four and a half years later and she's writing, reading simple words, and throwing the most hideous tantrums when she wants a pudding cup for dinner instead of the chicken and green beans we made. She's a decent photographer (for a four-year-old), a budding computer geek, and just got her first iPod (mom's hand-me-down) yesterday. (Kidz Bop 15 all the way to the zoo!)

I can't even put into words the roller coaster of joys and worries and achievements and moments our Molly has brought us.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: