Thursday, April 13, 2006

I have a love/hate relationship with days like this. It's the middle of April, and supposed to be sunny and 79F today. On one hand, it's one of the first really nice days this year, and I've got a full slate of fun things lined up...I'm doing a set of senior pictures early this afternoon, and hope to play some golf after that. If the golf falls through, I'm going to just spend some time in the back yard with my wife and daughter. Sounds like a good time, yeah? It is, and I'm looking forward to it.

But at the same time I am most definitely NOT a fan of summer. I'd much prefer it to be October than June. I hate heat, I hate humidity, I hate always being sweaty, I hate flaming-hot car steering wheels, I hate not having hockey season, I hate bugs, I hate bug-bites, I hate wondering why in the hell my grass only grows in tufts and clumps... You get the idea.

So while I am looking forward to today because it'll be nice to get outside for awhile, I'm not looking forward to it because it's the first in a long string of sweaty summer days.

No comments: